bash: ef command not found. Install ElectricFence on CentOS 7
bash: ef command not found. How to Install ElectricFence on CentOS 7 server
ElectricFence uses the virtual memory of your server to detect when software overruns the boundaries of a malloc() buffer.
Efence can be installed either by using yum command or by downloading the rpm package from CentOS repositories. Do the below steps to install ElectricFence on your CentOS 7 server.
1. Log into Linux Server as ‘root’ user
2. Run the command ‘yum install ElectricFence’ to install ElectricFence on your Linux Server
Alternate way to Install :
1. You must log into CentOS 7 server as ‘root’ user
2. Search the rpm file of ElectricFence in rpmfind.net website
3. After that download the rpm file using wget command
# wget https://rpmfind.net/linux/centos/7.6.1810/os/x86_64/Packages/ElectricFence-2.2.2-39.el7.i686.rpm
4. Install the rpm file downloaded
# rpm -Uvh ElectricFence-2.2.2-39.el7.i686.rpm
5. To verify, just type ‘ef’ on the terminal
/usr/bin/ef: Usage: ef [executable] [arguments].
Runs the executable under the Electric Fence malloc debugger.