man command not found – Install Man command on Fedora server
Got the above error on Fedora server while checking manual page of a Linux command.
On Fedora servers man command is provided by man-db package. The package might not be installed on your server.
Do the below steps to fix the error.
How to Install Man command on Fedora server
1. Log into Fedora server as ‘root’ user or as sudo user
2. Install man package using dnf command
Run the below command to install man-db package on Fedora server
# dnf install man-db
# dnf install man
3. Enter ‘y’ and press enter, if dnf ask for confirmation
4. dnf will install the below dependencies:
Steps to Install man-db rpm on Fedora server
1. Log into Fedora server as ‘root’ user
2. Download and install the required dependencies for man-db
The below dependencies are required.
Note: Install the below dependencies, only if it is not installed on your server.
3. Download the man-db rpm file from rpmfind.net website using wget
4. Install the man-db using rpm command