How to Create / Delete an addon domain on a cPanel server
How to create an addon domain on a cPanel server
What is an add-on Domain ?
It is possible to host many domains under a single cPanel account. There is no need to purchase separate hosting accounts to host more than one website. Using add-on domains you can create and host multiple domains under the same cPanel account (under single account). The number of addon domains that can be created in a cPanel account depends on the hosting space and the add-on domain limit set for your hosting package. The directory of the add-on domain will be within public_html of the website (Example : /home/username/public_html/globedrill.com). You must have cPanel access to create the addon domain.
Do the below steps to create the add-on domain in your cPanel account.
1. Open a new web browser and type below url to access cPanel
2. Enter cPanel username and password to access cPanel
3. Search for “Addon domains” in cPanel Search bar
4. Click on “Addon Domains” under “Domains”
cPanel >> Domains >> Addon Domains
5. Enter new domain name, subdomain and document root of the website
6. Click on “Add Domain” after entering the above details
Create an FTP account associated with this Addon Domain — tick this option if you want to create an FTP account for the new addon domain
Steps to Remove / Delete the addon domain
1. Login to cPanel
2. Click on “Addon domains” icon under “Domains”
3. Under “Actions” you can see the option to remove the domain.
You might see the below Error while creating a new addon domain.
Could not determine the nameserver IP addresses for. Please make sure that the domain is registered with a valid domain registrar.
I saw the above error message while trying to create a new addon on my cPanel account. Error shows that cPanel could not find nameserver IP address of the add-on domain. Do the below steps to fix this error if you have server root access. You must contact your web hosting company if you do not have server root password/WHM acess.
1. Log in to WHM (Webhost Manager)
2. Search for tweak settings in WHM search bar
3. Click on “Tweak Settings” Under “Server Configuration”
Home » Server Configuration » Tweak Settings
4. Click on “Domains” tab in “Tweak Settings”
5. Change “Allow unregistered domains” to “On”
By default “Allow unregistered domains” will “Off” on all cPanel server.
6. Save tweak settings after making the above changes
You can do the same steps from server backend
1. Log into server via ‘SSH’ as ‘root’
2. Edit tweak settings file using vi editor
3. Change the line “allowunregistereddomains=1” to “allowunregistereddomains=0”
4. Save the tweak settings file and exit
5. You must update tweak setting by running the below command
Now login to your cPanel account and try creating the addon domain.