How to Remove/Uninstall Suhosin on a cPanel Server
How to Remove/Uninstall Suhosin on a cPanel/WHM Server
“/scripts/phpextensionmgr” cPanel script can be used to remove PHP suhosin from the server. This cPanel script takes only few seconds to remove PHPsuhosin from the server. Command to remove PHP suhosin is given below.
Command : /scripts/phpextensionmgr uninstall PHPSuHosin
1. Log into your cPanel server via SSH as ‘root’
2. Run the script ‘/scripts/phpextensionmgr uninstall PHPSuHosin’ to uninstall suhosin
root@server [/]# /scripts/phpextensionmgr uninstall PHPSuHosin
Removing SuHosin from /usr/local/lib/php.ini
PHPSuHosin is completely removed from the server. Type the command “php -m | grep suhosin” to make sure it is removed.
Suhosin PHP module is removed on the above server.
METHOD 2 :
You can also remove PHPSuHosin from the server by running easyapache on the server.
1. Log into cPanel server via SSH as ‘root’
2. Run easyapache script /scripts/easyapache
3. Under “exhaustive option list” you can uncheck the module “Suhosin for PHP” module and recompile PHP.
It might take some time to recompile PHP on the server. PHP suhosin will be fully removed after the PHP recompilation is completed.
Create a phpinfo file under your domain to make sure PHPsuhosin is disabled. You can recompile PHP either from server backend or through WHM.