Restart FTP Server through WHM – Restart ProFTPd PureFTPd Service
Restart FTP Server through WHM – Restart ProFTPd PureFTPd Service on cPanel Server
1. Log in to WHM (webhost manager) using root password
Type the link https://ServerIP:2087 in browser to access WHM. Enter the username ‘root’ and root password of the server provided by your web hosting company.
2. Search for “FTP Server” in WHM search box
3. Click on ‘FTP Server (ProFTPd/PureFTPd)’ under ‘Restart Services’
Home » Restart Services » FTP Server (ProFTPd/PureFTPd)
4. Click on ‘Yes’ to restart the FTP service.
You will see the prompt ‘Are you sure you wish to restart this service?’ Click on ‘Yes’ to confirm restarting the service.
How to restart FTP service (ProFTPd/Pureftpd) from Server backend
First type the command ‘ps aux | grep ftp’ to check which FTP daemon (pure-ftpd or proftpd) is running on the server.
1. Log into Linux Server server via SSH as ‘root’
2. Type the command ‘/etc/init.d/pure-ftpd restart’ to restart the pure-ftpd service
Run the command ‘service pure-ftpd restart’ to restart pure-ftpd service
3. Command ‘/etc/init.d/proftpd restart’ will restart proftpd service on the server
Run the command ‘service proftpd restart’ to restart proftpd service