zipnote command not found on Ubuntu 21.04
zipnote command not found on Ubuntu 21.04 server
email@example.com:/# zipnote test.zip > test.tmp
bash: zipnote: command not found
Error shows zipnote command not found on your Ubuntu server. zipnote command is provided by zip package and this package might not be installed on your server. Run the command ‘dpkg -l | grep zip’ to check whether zip package is installed.
1. Log into your Ubuntu 21.04 server via SSH
2. Run ‘apt update’ to update the package information
3. Install zip package using apt command
4. Enter ‘Y’ if apt ask for confirmation while installing zip
5. To verify the installation, run zipnote -h command
root@ubuntu-21:/# apt install zip
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
The following additional packages will be installed:
The following NEW packages will be installed:
0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 86 not upgraded.
Need to get 330 kB of archives.
After this operation, 1048 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
How to download and install zip deb package
1. Log into Ubuntu 21.04 server via SSH
2. Download zip package from Ubuntu website using wget command
3. Install zip package using dpkg or apt command
apt install ./zip_3.0-12_amd64.deb
Run the command ‘zipnote -h’ to see the command usage and version.
Run the command zipnote -v to see the version.
# zipnote -v
This is ZipNote 3.0 (July 5th 2008), by Info-ZIP.